Skip to Content Skip to menu Skip to links

Frequently Asked Questions For Circuit Civil

Welcome to the questions and answers area.
We have a large database of FAQs so we have organized them by topic. For frequently asked questions related to a specific topic, select it from the list below.


How do I get a list of the funds deposited into the registry of court?
You may obtain a list through our registry of the court report
How do I file Civil Action Lawsuit and are there forms available?
The Clerk’s Office is prohibited from giving legal advice. You must consult an Attorney for filing of a civil action. The Clerk’s office does not provide forms.  For Manatee County, if you cannot afford an attorney, contact Gulfcoast Legal Services at (941)746-6151 or, or Legal Aid of Manasota at (941)747-1628 or  If you do not qualify for free legal assistance or do not know an attorney, you may email an attorney referral service (telephone listings) or contact the Florida Bar Lawyer Referral Service at 1-(800)-342-8011. 
What do I need to do if I have been served with a summons?
You must carefully read the summons that you have been served with, as there is a time in which you must file a response to the case. You may submit a written response to the Clerk’s office in person or by mail. If you feel you need to seek legal advice, you must consult with an Attorney. The Clerk’s office is prohibited form giving legal advice. You may also contact the legal service number provided above.