Skip to Content Skip to menu Skip to links

Frequently Asked Questions For Public Access and Research

Welcome to the questions and answers area.
We have a large database of FAQs so we have organized them by topic. For frequently asked questions related to a specific topic, select it from the list below.


How much does a copy cost?
As set forth in Chapter 28, Florida Statutes, copies of the record are to be provided only upon payment of a fee prescribed by law: document fee is $1.00 per page, certification fee $2.00 per certification, record search fee $2.00 per year searched if the case number is not provided, Certificate of Clerk is $7.00. Documents will be sanitized of confidential information such as, but not limited to, the social security number.
Can I do a criminal background check in this office?
No, the Clerk’s office does not have access to statewide records. The clerk can assist with Manatee County records only. See the list below for assistance concerning criminal background checks.

Countywide criminal background

Countywide background checks can be obtained in person, or by mail.

To request the information in person, come to the Records Section located at:
Manatee County Sheriff’s Office
Records Section
600 301 Boulevard West, Suite 202
Bradenton, Florida 34205
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 6:30 pm
Closed Weekends and Holidays

To request the information by mail, write to:
Manatee County Sheriff’s Office
Records Section
600 301 Boulevard West, Suite 202
Bradenton, Florida 34205

Statewide criminal background checks
Florida Department of Law Enforcement
User Services Bureau Criminal History Services
P O Box 1489 Tallahassee, FL 32302
850 - 410 – 8109

Nationwide criminal background checks
FBI CJIS Division – Record Request
1000 Custer Hollow Road
Clarksburg, West Virginia 26306
304 - 625 – 3878
I would like to email my request. What is your email address?
Our email address is After receiving your request, a clerk will correspond in a timely manner.
Can I get a copy of a land survey from the Clerk’s office?
No, you must contact the survey company that performed the survey. If you do not know the company who surveyed the property, you may contact a survey company of your choice.
How can I request copies/how can I find a case?

You must have the case number or the individual’s name. The information can be obtained by phone at 941-741-4040, by email, or in person by using the public computers located in the Public Access Department at the Courthouse located at 1115 Manatee Avenue West, Bradenton, Florida 34205. Non-confidential/ non-certified information can be accessed from the web at

By searching the court records, the progress docket for a court case represents a listing of all pleadings filed for record in a case.

The Manatee County Clerk’s office began imaging over a period of time, therefore, you will find pleadings with images attached and those without images depending on the age of the case. You will find non-confidential images or viewable on request available for the following case types after these dates Civil (July 18, 2001), Felony (June 5, 2002), Misdemeanor (January 2003), Criminal Traffic (January 2003), Traffic Infractions (April 13, 2005). To obtain documents filed before the these dates, you must contact the clerk for assistance. Some records have been destroyed due to Judicial Administrative Order from the Department of State, Division of Archives. If the physical documents have been destroyed, the case progress docket is the official record. A copy of the case progress docket and Certificate of Clerk will be provided.

Recorded information can be accessed by searching the Official Records. The current index of the documents recorded in the official records of Manatee County, Florida only (January 1, 1978, to the present), as required by Florida law. Document images of non-confidential/non-certified since May 15, are available via the web.  The images provided are not a complete representation of the official record and should not be relied upon as such. The complete official record can be accessed in our office during hours of operation 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM Monday - Friday.

Do you fax copies?
No. We will send your records request to you via postal mail or express mail or you can pick up your request in person.  We can email only non-certified/non-confidential information.
Can I look up information by the address?
No, you must have the individual’s name associated with the address when acquiring information from official records and court records. Court records information can also be accessed by case number.
What information can I look up on the public computers in the Clerk’s office?
All public court records and official records that are not confidential or not sealed by the court.
Can I have access to my case from home?

Yes, if you are a party to the case, you can obtain access from home. Parties have Internet access to all records in some cases not sealed by the Court.

Special party access will not be provided to the following case types: Sexual Violence, criminal cases, guardianships, incapacity, Jimmy Ryce, Juvenile, sealed cases. Parties access these case types through the Public Internet. Access is provided by registering at and submitting a signed and notarized access request form. Parties may also grant special access to an attorney, not of record, by submitting an Authority for Attorney Electronic Access Form.

If you have any questions the Public Access Department can be reached by phone at (941)-741-4040 or email us at Hours of operation Monday – Friday from 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM.