Skip to Content Skip to menu Skip to links

Frequently Asked Questions For Criminal

Welcome to the questions and answers area.
We have a large database of FAQs so we have organized them by topic. For frequently asked questions related to a specific topic, select it from the list below.


How can I change my court date?
The Clerk’s office does not have the authority to change a court date. If you are represented by an attorney, including the Public Defender, please contact them with your request. If you are not represented by an attorney, you may put your request in writing, addressed to the Judge. Include your full name, mailing address, and case number. File the original written request with this office.
What happens if I fail to appear for my court date?
Failure to appear may result in the Judge issuing a bench warrant for your arrest. You may forfeit the bail posted, thus losing your money or collateral. If the offense you failed to appear for includes a traffic offense, the Judge will also suspend your driving privileges. Upon arrest, you may be held in jail with or without bond.
What must I do if the Judge ordered my driving privileges suspended?
Once you have been released from the arrest on the warrant, bring all of your paperwork to this office. You will be required to pay a delinquency fee and will be issued a D6 clearance form to have your driving privileges reinstated. The clearance form must be presented to any office of the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. There you may be charged a reinstatement fee to have your driving privileges reinstated.
Who should I notify if my address changes?
It is your responsibility to notify the Clerk’s office of your current address, in writing, at Manatee County Clerk of Circuit Court, Attn: Criminal Division, P.O. Box 25400, Bradenton, FL 34206. Please include your case number on the correspondence.
I missed my court date, how can I take care of the bench warrant?
You will be required to turn yourself in at the Manatee County Jail. If you live outside of Manatee County, you may turn yourself in to the closest law enforcement agency. Upon your arrest you will be required to post bail as required by the Judge. You will be assigned a new court date, which will be approximately 3 weeks later.
Where is the Manatee County Jail located?
The address for the Manatee County Jail is 14470 Harlee Road, Palmetto, FL 34221. It is located approximately 11 miles north of Bradenton; take US 41 north to the Port Manatee exit and turn left. Go west to Harlee Road and follow the signs.
What is my court date?
What is the sentence (disposition) of a case?
Which Judge is assigned to my case?
The answers to the above listed questions may be answered by searching our Court Records Search site.
How can I have my case sealed or expunged?
Florida Statute 943.0585 and/or 943.059 will provide the requirements and conditions for having a criminal court case sealed and/or expunged from your record. Please read these statutes carefully.

If you need an application or have questions regarding your eligibility to have your records sealed or expunged, please contact the Florida Department of Law Enforcement at

FDLE will require that you complete an application for the procedure and submit the forms to their office. The forms are only available on the FDLE website.

Upon receipt of your application, FDLE will notify you of your eligibility. For further instructions and the forms needed to proceed for court action go to our Online Forms page.

Fees for this procedure will include payment to FDLE and a service charge plus charges for certified copy paid to the Clerk.